For the fourth day of our stay-cation, the girls and their bears camped out in the guest room in our recently finished basement. This was a special treat because they don’t usually sleep in the same room, plus they were able to test their new sleeping bags.
Of course, no bedtime routine is ever complete without a story. We read several teddy bear books throughout our stay-cation. Here are our favorites:
- Jenny’s Bear / by Michael Ratnett; illustrated by June Goulding
- Three stories you can read to your teddy bear / by Sara Swan Miller
- The little girl and the big bear / retold by Joanna Galdone; pictures by Paul Galdone
- The teddy bears’ picnic / by Jimmy Kennedy ; illustrated by Alexandra Day
The teddy bear / written and illustrated by David McPhail
- Corduroy makes a cake / story by Alison Inches; illustrations by Allan Eitzen
- That’s not my teddy / by Fiona Watt (a board book)
- Who wants an old teddy bear? / story and pictures by Ginnie Hofmann
The stay-cation wraps up tomorrow with Day 5!