“Never have I asked an August sky, ‘Where has last July gone?’ “
That’s one of my favorite lines in the song “Many A New Day” from Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical Oklahoma.
Here’s where July went for our family:
- 4 more sailing trips
- 2 trips to the beach
- 1 trip to the Culpepper & Merriweather Circus
- 1 teddy bear tea party
- 1 trip to the Arboretum
- 1 evening playing in the sprinkler
- 1 trip to Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater, Minn.
- 1 Tiny Party that was BIG fun
- 2 birthday parties
- 1 trip to Lowry Nature Center
- 1 church picnic
- 1 Teddy Bear Band Concert in the park
- 1 trip to Sonic Drive-In
- 1 trip to Build-A-Bear Workshop
- 1 visit to see newly hatched Bantam chicks
- 1 beautiful wedding & fun reception
- 3 trips to various playgrounds at nearby parks
- 1 trip to the community center pool
- 1 paddle boat excursion at Centennial Lakes
- countless picnics
Perhaps you notice a re-occurring theme? Teddy bears! I’m putting together a more detailed post complete with pictures of our Teddy Bear Stay-cation. (That’s like a vacation, only you don’t leave town.) Stay tuned for that post later this week!